Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A wise woman once told me...

I've decided to post a article of hope or be a bit brighter for a change.

My mom, among one of the smartest people I've had the pleasure of knowing, painted me a picture of hope in one of my gloom and doom episodes and it goes...

Our life is comparable to "marbles"

Close your eyes and picture a thousand of marbles standing still in a small area. You being the only white one surrounded by black marbles. A shift happens and you see all the marbles, including yourself, start to bounce off one another, rolling together or drifting until you settle back into a new position. You may miss the other marbles you were once with but nothing is permanent in this new situation. Sure enough as the sun rises, there will be another shift and marbles that were once together, drift apart, going to new marbles or settle back in with familiar marbles. 

So, life is not like a box of chocolates, life is like a room full of marbles. We cannot always determine where we are going or even who are with but we sure as hell can return at any point we have once been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment